Paranet, a rapidly-growing MSP, is looking to add a Cybersecurity Analyst their Dallas, TX team. Generally, the Cybersecurity Analyst's responsibilities will include network security analysis, monitoring, and incident response, as well as maintenance and configuration of network security tools. Security Analysts work with the latest technologies to detect, analyze, and limit intrusion and security events.
- Monitor an organization's event and network logs for security breaches.
- Analyze and respond to alerts and incidents.
- Investigate and prepare reports that document security breaches.
- Maintain records of security monitoring and incident response activities.
- Work with the security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix any detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Develop security standards and best practices for the organization.
- Research the latest information technology (IT) security trends.
- Recommend security enhancements to management or senior IT staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security or Computer Science, or a related field.
- Hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g., NetFlow, FPC), and other attack artifacts in support of incident investigations.
- Familiar with Kali Linux, Ubuntu, or any Linux OS.
- Familiar with Python Scripting.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth, and common security elements.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, antivirus, EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response), MDR (Managed Detection and Response), content filtering, and IDS (Intrusion Detection Systems) /IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches on time while understanding business impact.
- CompTIA Security+, CompTIA A+ or CompTIA Network+ or any other Information Security certification.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Knowledge in at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g., AlienVault, QRadar, LogRhythm).
- Health insurance
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off