Sr. Java Application Developer
Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
MUST Be Local to Austin, TX or Dallas, TX (Onsite)
MUST be eligible to work in the United States. We do not sponsor or do visa transfers.
The Sr. Application Developer role will involve close interaction with business team members and other members of the development and support teams. There will be multiple opportunities to quickly expand on your technical experience, with plenty of business exposure.
- Design, implement, integrate, and test software solutions of moderate complexity comprised of Linux-based back-end components that interact with UI and integrate with internal and external services.
- Work individually and collaboratively to deliver solutions from idea to live production systems.
- Maintain and support live production systems, resolve problems for standard and custom features.
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to.
- Assist in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving defects encountered during various stages of testing, including during the deployment and implementation of the code in production environments.
- Follow best practices and guidelines set by the Digital Enterprise team.
- Prepare Knowledge Base articles for design, code, errors, and recovery procedures.
- Develop proof of concepts (POCs) as needed, integrating new components with back-office systems during the design and requirements phase to evaluate products and integration strategies.
- Partners with business to address business and technology needs and/or deficiencies involving process, products or technology.
- Install application software and complete complex web application configurations to meet business and application needs.
- Handle day to day application and product issues, including daily health checks of applications and processes.
- Thoroughly document system and feature level details.
- Own incidents and issues in order to conduct detailed root cause analysis to avoid further impacts and decrease the risk of recurring issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in relevant field required (e.g. MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering).
- 5+ years of applied experience with software design, development and delivery.
- Experience working with medium to large complex projects with multiple dependencies using Agile principles.
- 5+ years of experience in hands on development using SQL, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP) required.
- 3+ years’ experience with Python or other scripting languages / object oriented languages (e.g. Java, C#, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft development tools (SQL Server, Visual Studio, .Net) preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with application delivery and deployment required.
- 5+ years of experience working with Internet Information Services environment required.
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting full-stack application and networking issues required.
- 5+ years of experience with application, product configuration and support required.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems, engaging appropriate teams as necessary.
- Ability to obtain, analyze and synthesize information from multiple sources.
- Superior problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency with a product-based agile development methodology.