Romack Financial has partnered with a manufacturing company to find a Financial Analyst with 3 years of manufacturing and financial statement modeling experience. The client believes that people make the magic happen, and are searching for someone who is passionate, smart, hard-working and committed - you'll be joining a group who is professional, but laughs and makes the work fun.
Develop and report on various analyses and pricing models. Provide support, analysis, and modeling to operations for various business initiatives. Provides accounting support to the department as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gains and applies an understanding of business operationally to support identification of financial and operational trends and related variations in accounts.
- Prepares profitability analyses to identify pricing/cost opportunities and submits results to management for review and consideration.
- Participates in preparation for the annual budget; compiles cost data for use in developing budgets.
- Assist CEO and Controller with ad hoc analysis needs.
- Review G&A and selling costs for saving opportunities.
- Price existing and non-configured items and update in Syteline for List, and D-Net prices.
- Provide support analyzing price and costs on quotes as requested by CRC Team.
- Maintain accurate pricing in Syteline.
- Generate price sheets as needed.
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close.
- Reconcile perpetual inventory and related reserve accounts as part of month-end close.
- Review COGS variances and prepare adjusting entries as part of month-end close.
- Work with operations team to understand all material variances generated in production.
- Coordinate cost accounting activities to include maintaining cost accounting systems and establishing and maintaining cost standards for materials, equipment, and labor and verifying Bill of Materials.
- Maintain item product codes, family codes, and standard costs for all items.
- Review item costs and update standards quarterly.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs.
- Conduct inventory reserve analysis quarterly.
- Plan and coordinate annual inventory count.
Education and Experience:
- Present metrics to support strategic goals and report to team at regular intervals.
- Prepare monthly sales territory reports.
- Provide managers with necessary reports, input data for monthly, quarterly, and annual management reporting (i.e. actual budget variances).
- Assist managers with other data collection and reporting as needed.
- Prepare ad hoc reports for management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. General Business degree may be considered if candidate has significant relevant accounting experience.
- At least three years of experience in a manufacturing, cost accounting, or operational finance role with responsibility for financial statement modeling and business analysis.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to successfully multi-task.
- Advanced experience with complex ERP systems.
- Proficient MS Excel skills required (e.g. V-Lookup, Pivot)
- Intermediate MS Access skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple assignments, under time constraints while maintaining high quality work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated sophisticated reasoning skills.
- Ability to execute assigned tasks with limited instruction, providing task status and seeking help when needed.
- Experience with writing and utilizing SQL Queries.
- Experience with Infor CloudSuite Industrial (CSI) or SyteLine