Technical Design Lead - Oracle Weblogic
Direct Hire - Salaried
Resumes to: email@example.com
This position is responsible for the design, development, configuration, and implementation of application solutions that often span multiple functional business areas. The incumbent bridges the gap between the business functional stakeholders and various IT groups to engineer solutions that are integrated end-to-end and will meet requirements in a variety of business contexts. This position takes ownership of complex and integrated design issues across various Global Information Systems (GIS) groups and ensures the solution is robust, meets all design principles, is in alignment with our strategy, and is sustainable in production. It has responsibility for ensuring the necessary integration testing occurs to prove out a solution meets functional and technical requirements as well as any related touch points. The incumbent is responsible for demonstrating proactive leadership in facilitating teams of various subject matter experts to accomplish large as well as small project or change request assignments. This position collaboratively works across Global Information Systems (GIS) in accomplishing tactical and strategic application development objectives, coaches others in the development of functional and technical systems designs, development, and collaborates with Enterprise Architects on the standards, strategy, and solution recommendations for new projects, enhancements or implementations.
- Implements business-driven software systems ensuring that projects are delivered in respect to quality, cost and time constraints.
- Reports project progress to Project Managers and other relevant stakeholders.
- The position is responsible for leading the processes for systems design and development with a proven ability to work effectively in matrixed environments.
- Ensures that all application systems/changes implemented meet business user requirements, and are technically and functionally sound and in alignment with achieving business target performance objectives.
- Responsible for leading the development of approaches for the ownership of key data objects that are shared across business teams.
- Ensures that the application systems development methodology is used effectively across all projects under the incumbent’s span of control.
- Works closely with suppliers to ensure clear understanding of requirements used in creating function design specifications. Ensures quality of functional and technical specifications done by suppliers.
- Ensures proper application controls are built into system solutions.
- 10 or more years of successful technical project delivery with a focus on systems design and development including experience with large scale program and project delivery.
- Extensive experience with designing, configuring, and implementing on the following technical platforms:
- Oracle database (11g or 12c required)
- WebLogic (11g or 12c required)
- SOAP Web services
- RESTful web services
- Experience with Loan Management Systems, transactional data processing, and General Ledger systems in a retail banking or captive finance context
- Proven record of accomplishment in planning, managing, and delivering information systems, preferably in financial and/or banking sectors.
- Strong experience in, and orientation toward, solution design, project management and structured system development methodologies.